The clinical evidence behind Atopis Skincare
Atopis successfully underwent two eczema human clinical trials, in both the USA and in New Zealand, to provide consumers clear evidence that it is specifically designed for the long-term, safe management of atopic skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acneLearn more
Our Clinical Research
When award-winning scientist Dr. Iona Weir created Atopis, it was important to her to make sure the unique science worked behind the Atopis skincare range has been thoroughly tested. Her daughters were already using the cream and seeing the benefits, but it was vital to the Atopis team to get rigorous, independent evidence of these benefits, in both New Zealand and the United States.
After more than five years of development, the Atopis formula undertook two successful eczema human clinical trials.
Dr. Iona Weir then contracted the services of Dr. Carl Donavan of DMP Statistics based at the University of St Andrews in Scotland, who analyzed the results with highly successful findings.
New Zealand Eczema Clinical Trial
- A 62-person double-blinded, placebo-controlled eczema clinical trial was successfully completed in New Zealand in February 2016, by Southern Clinical Trials Group Ltd.
- The aim of the trial is to provide further clinical evidence of the efficacy of Atopis and to support stronger market regulatory claims.
- Atopis consistently performed better than an emollient treatment when the improvement of eczema symptoms was measured.
- Atopis achieved clinical significance for the improvement of eczema symptoms.
- Eczema sufferers noticed a reduction in their eczema to a greater extent, while the emollient users noticed little change to their eczema.
CONCLUSION: Topical application of Atopis study product for five weeks appears to be effective for treatment of mild to moderate eczema as it significantly reduced the appearance of lesions as well as symptoms associated including itching, scaling, and redness. The study product was safe and tolerable for twice a day application as no adverse events were reported.’ – International Journal of Phytocosmetics and Natural Ingredients
United States Eczema Clinical Trial
- A ﬁve-week, single-blinded eczema clinical trial was conducted in the United States.
- The trial was targeted at moderate eczema and demonstrated a signiﬁcant clinical improvement for each symptom in reducing the size and number of lesions, redness, itching and skin irritation.
- It signiﬁcantly improved the quality of life of trial participants with no serious adverse events or side effects observed.
- The trial showed a significant reduction in the severity of eczema, decrease in itching, Improvement in skin quality, decrease in redness and decrease in scaling.
Sign up for regular Atopis™ news, discounts and special offers